- Balint, M. The doctor, his patient and the illness. London. Pitman Medical. 2nd edition (1964, reprinted 1986) Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone; 1957.
- Balint, M., Balint, E. Psychotherapeutic techniques in medicine. London: Tavistock publications; 1961.
- Balint, M., Balint, E., Gosling, R., Hildebrand, P. A study of doctors. London: Tavistock publications; 1966.
- Balint, M., Joyce, D., Marinker, M., Woodcock, J. Treatment or diagnosis: a study of repeat prescriptions in general practice. London: Tavistock publications; 1970.
- Balint, E., Norell, J., Eds. Six minutes for the patient: interaction in general practice consultations. London: Tavistock publications.; 1983.
- Balint, E., Courtenay, M., Elder, A., Hull, S., Julian, P. The doctor, the patient and the group: Balint revisited. London and New York: Routledge; 1993.
- Balint, E., Mitchell, J., Parsons, M. Before I was I: psychoanalysis and the imagination. London and New York: Guildford press; 1993.
- Clyne, M. Night calls: a study in general practice. London: Tavistock publications;1966.
- Greco, R., Pittenger, R. One man’s practice: effects of developing insight on doctor-patient transactions. London: Tavistock Publications; 1966.
- Elder, A., Samuel, O. Eds. While I’m here, doctor: a study of the doctor/patient relationship. London: Tavistock publications; 1987.
- Hopkins, P. Ed. Patient-centred medicine (Proceedings of the first International Balint Congress). London: Regional doctor publications; 1972.
- Hopkins, P. Ed. The human face of medicine (Proceedings of the third International Balint Congress). Tunbridge Wells: Pitman medical; 1979.
- Salinsky, J. Ed. Proceedings of the 11th International Balint Congress. Southport: Limited Edition Press; 1999.
- Salinsky, J., Sackin, P. What are you feeling , doctor? Identifying and avoiding defensive patterns in the consultation. Oxford: Radcliffe Medical Press Ltd; 2000.
- Salinsky, J. Chapter on ‘Balint groups’ in Supervision and support in general practice. Eds J Burton and J Launer. Oxford: Radcliffe Medical Press Ltd; 2003.
- Stewart, H. Michael Balint: object relations, pure and applied. London: Routledge; 1996.